Air conditioners are a must-have here in Weslaco, the Texas heat is here for most of the year. Summer months bring temperatures to 100F and above, and the fall though slightly cooler, can still be hot. Our home's AC's are pretty much on 24/7 to combat the high-temperatures and to stay cool and comfortable.
Because our AC's see a lot of use throughout the year here in Weslaco, it's normal to need repair and maintenance for your systems here and there. If you need air conditioner repair or maintenance for your home's system in Weslaco we can help. Air Systems RGV is your local air conditioner service expert, get in touch today for your service!
Having An Issue With Your AC?
If your AC has started to have issues or to not function properly, it's important to check some items on your system. Sometimes an AC issue could be because of something as simple a thermostat being out of batteries, or a circuit breaker being tripped.
Before you give us a call for service go over these items on your home's AC. After checking these tips if you have the same problem, give us a call for professional service.
- Does your air conditioner have power?
- Check your indoor AC or air handler system switch. This is usually a toggle switch near the entrance to your indoor utility space.
- Check your circuit breaker panel to ensure that your AC system breaker is on.
- Is your outdoor unit disconnect on? The disconnect is typically a box on the wall near the AC outdoor unit.
- Is your thermostat correctly set and positioned to cooling?
- If your thermostat has batteries, change them now and try again.
- Make sure your thermostat is on, is set to cool, and the desired room temperature is set lower than the current ambient temperature.
- Indoor airflow though your ductwork is very important.
- Have you changed your AC filter lately? If not, change them now and re-start your air conditioner.
- Run a check on your indoor grills, and register for the same brand. Are all the grills open and clear of obstructions?
- Other Issues:
- If your thermostat or the power it controls was off, after turning the system on give it a few minutes - many A/C systems have a time-delay function on start-up. * If your system is blowing cool air, but not cooling as well as it should, check your outdoor unit to ensure there is nothing blocking airflow through the outdoor coil. PLEASE NOTE: Be very careful not to damage the fins on your outdoor coil and call us if you need help!
We're Here For Your AC Service
So you're still having the same air conditioner problem, time to schedule your service with Air Systems RGV. Most air conditioner problems are caused by installation done poorly, and or lack of routine system maintenance.
- Installation Related Issues:
- Improper sizing: If an indoor unit is too small it will fail to properly cool in extreme weather. If it is too big, it will cycle on its lowest output and fail to properly dehumidify.
- Poor Ductwork: If duct systems are not properly sized, areas can be overcooled leaving other rooms that are too hot. Leaky or improperly insulated ductwork can result in serious efficiency and capacity reductions.
- Condensation Problems: Water accumulating beneath your air handler or backing up onto your indoor coil.
- Capacity Losses Over Time: If installed improperly, refrigerant leaks can result in reduced cooling capacity over time, typically within the first year or two of installation.
- Thermostat problems: Improper programming, dead batteries, or wiring problems
- Issues caused by lack of maintenance:
- Dirty indoor or outdoor coils:
- Changes in heating or cooling capacity over time.
- Noisy operation indoors
- Age Related Component Failures:
- Breaker Trips: Breaker to the outdoor unit has tripped more than once possibly indicating improper wiring or potential compressor, fan motor, or capacitor problems.
- Fan or Blower Motors: A persistent sound or odd noise with the outdoor or indoor unit
- Unusual Odors: Near the outdoor unit, or coming from the ductwork outlets.
Remember to call Air Systems RGV for your air conditioner repair and routine maintenance service needs in Weslaco, TX. Our factory trained technicians are ready to repair or provide maintenance for your AC system. We have the experience and expertise to service all makes and models, get in touch today for your AC service!